Welcome to The Buzz December Issue 2019
What do the proposed Queensland Rental Reforms mean for you?
Own an investment property in Queensland?
Are you aware of the rental reforms proposed by the Queensland Government?
Do you know what the implications of these new rental laws are for you?
Please read the attached articles! You will be shocked and dismayed.
You should be mindful that, if enacted, some of these changes will likely:
- Reduce the saleability of your property
- Reduce the market value of your property
- Have significant financial implications for you
Call me direct on 0407 948981 to learn more.
Real estate and finance news
The RBA has kept the cash rate on hold and is unlikley to make any further changes until February 2020. The current lending market is highly competitive and active. As a consequence, the major banks have just dropped their mortgage rates to new lows.
Sydney and Melbourne are already back to near record price levels. Their current rates of price growth are the highest since 2003. Some other markets are showing signs of an upward trend. For example, Hobart and Brisbane.
Investor activity in the Sydney and Melbourne markets has APRA concerned. As a result there may be a return of some form of prudential tightening in 2020. As shown previously, these changes will not just impact those markets.
For full details read the articles.
Read the latest stories about the Sunshine Coast and catch up on:
- the Sekisui court case
- the proposed opening date of the airport expansion
- approval of another big infrastructure for the coast
Tips & Advice
Check out some great ideas on:
- ways to add value to your home
- how to make sure you’ve got the best home loan
- where to retire
Follow the link for your copy of:
- A Suburb Profile for your suburb/s of interest
- An excerpt from the Herron Todd White Month in Review
We have introduced a new layout this month. We hope it is easier to find the stories and information you are most interested in.
Please let us know what you think!